Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The day after Election Day....

Congratulations to all of the winners except Billy Pegram.  Beat 5, have you lost your collective minds?  Pegram was one of the former Supervisors who helped to put us in this financial mess and you put him back in office?  What the heck is wrong with you?

IMHO, the landed gentry of Tunica County is not too happy with the new taxes.  So, what is their solution?  Are they planning to repeal the taxes?  And if so, how are they going to pay our debt service?  Are they going to lay off a bunch of employees?  They sure didn't tell us before they were elected.  This election was nothing more than a popularity contest.

Rest assured, I will be keeping my eagle eye open and watching everything you do...like always.

There has been much said about the Tunica Museum and their "lack" of funding.  People keep mentioning the internal audit.  Well, what the internal audit found was that the Tunica Museum was sitting on about $900,000 in CD's.  What the current BOSs told the Museum was for them to live off this $900,000 and when that is mostly used up, let's talk about funding.  This seems reasonable to me.

One thing about this blog: I put my name on it.  If others won't stand-up for what they are saying, by doing the same, I would not believe anything they have to say. Just saying.

As always, I stand to be corrected...if you use your real name like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment