Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Calming Note from Coach Norwood

Unfortunately leading up to this weeks game there were allegedly threats made toward the opposing team. As of yet we have not confirmed who the threats may or may not have come from. However, If you consider yourself a real supporter of this Team and Program me & my staff have built over the past six years you would refrain from directing insults at the opposing team and our players and coaches. This is not what I'm about & this is not what we are teaching your young men. This behavior will not be tolerated. It is sad that these boys body of work they have put together this season is being tarnished by people that have no affiliation with the Team. We must do a better job of representing our school and town in everything we do. It's hurts to hear people call my kids thugs, gang bangers, and uncivilized. I know they aren't but we have students and fans that claim to represent us act in this manner. In the future, if you cannot represent The Fort in a positive manner please do not show up at our games.
Coach Norwood

Coach Norwood told me the following:
"I wish the Times wouldn't have posted the article on their face book.  I asked for it to be removed early this morning.  It has caused a lot of controversy over nothing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment