Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A couple of things...

I am still annoyed by the person who commented a few posts ago and used the ID  "Delta born and raised".

What this ID says to me is that only those born and raised here count or are important. Let's be clear: All Tunicans Matter.  Born or transplanted.

One of the problems we talk about in Tunica is that we are not attracting new residents.  So which is it?  Do you want to attract and include new residents or do you want to attract new residents who will call Tunica home but are not welcome to have a voice in their community?

Here's another thing I find annoying:  as we all now know, too many Affidavit Ballots were rejected in the 4 Aug 2015 Primary.  This has caused a big upset in the white community. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to see white citizens showing up for Poll Worker Training. My question to you is:  What took you so long.?  Is it only when your personal ballots were rejected that our voter rolls and the voting process became a real  concern to you?

Tonight at Poll Worker Training, everyone heard me ask Elijah if the polls had been purged. His answer was that voters are put on and taken off all year.  Following I asked about those who were inactive...that is...have not voted since 2004.  This year I attended Election Commission Meetings to try to get them to move inactive voters to the inactive rolls.  Where were you?  Oh, I get it, it's okay for me to try to get things done but you can't be bothered?

At the 4 Aug 2015 Primary, the roll I was provided contained inactive voters.  Two such voters voted at  the Tunica Library.

Another thing about  4 Aug at the Library:  During the morning, JJ Clay came in and told the Poll Managers to call out the names of the voter as they signed the book.  Tonight, I found out that is not supposed to be done.  Annoying.

And then there is this:  After last week's training, I was told that I was a big point of discussion during the training session.  Comments like "Barbara Tuchel did this and Barbara Tuchel did that."  I was told these comments came from  3 white attendees and I was given their names.   My question is this: How in the heck can you know what I did or didn't do?  Do you  just make-up stuff and then keep repeating stuff until you believe  stuff to be true and then talk stuff amongst yourselves?

And if you don't want to be confronted with your accusations, don't use a  Poll Worker Training to talk about me or anyone else  and then cry  not allowed when you are confronted at a Poll Worker Training.   BTW, 2 more people have confirmed what was said last week at the Poll Worker Training.

Oh, the other reason I was there tonight was to make sure the two Poll Managers  at the Library during the Primary were not in the Poll Worker Training. These two ladies should never be allowed to work the polls again.

On a more positive note, some good questions were asked but not answered tonight. Somebody needs to find out if the assignments can be made earlier rather than later.  I can't see why assignments are made so late in the game.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment