Friday, October 2, 2015

Lynn Henson: This post is for you...

I just noticed your political ad in the Tunica Times.  Since you approved and paid for this ad, I guess you believe it.

Here are my problems with it:

So you need to hire a county
supervisor for the next four years.

There is no training period
no probationary period.

They have the job for four years.
Good or bad, you're stuck with them.

This person's performance could 
cost you a lot of money.

My question to you:
Why hire someone with 
NO EXPERIENCE?

For
Proven Experience 
and Leadership
Elect
Lynn Henson
Supervisor Beat 2"

It could be said that I am advertising for you by reprinting your ad.  That may be true but I am willing to take that chance in order to point out to the public that you are not involved in our government. Heck you don't even come to Board of Supervisors' Meetings.  And you want a seat at the table?

Lynn, I sure hope you were not referring to me when you said "no experience" in your ad.  If you were including me in your blanket statement, you would be wrong.

Forget my outside experiences.  Let's just talk about my involvement and my effort in helping to fix Tunica County problems.  To mention just a few, I didn't see you at any School Board Meetings or were you among the group of citizens who worked to rid Tunica County of the former Superintendent of Education?  No, you were not.

Have you ever attended an Election Commission Meeting? 

How much research have you done and reported to the Board of Supervisors?

How many ideas for improvement have you put together and presented to the Board of Supervisors?

Your ad talks about "no training period".  Lynn, I am the only candidate who will not need a training period and that is because I have been involved.  You have not.  Heck, where have any of the Beat 2 candidates been when I have spent years investigating our unfair and dishonest elections.  You guys didn't even voice so much as a peep about the recent Primary fiasco.  And you think you deserve a seat at the table?  Well, I don't think you have earned the right to be the next Beat 2 Supervisor.

Not to worry Lynn, or any of you other candidates.  We all know exactly how this election is going to turn out.  The next Supervisor for Beat 2 will be from the farming community.  You know the group that used to sit at the Supervisors' table?  The same people who reduced our tax base to nothing because of the burden it would place on them.  The same group of people who built and bonded all of these facilities that are now a huge financial burden.  The same group of people who did not recognize and/or ignored that when gaming revenue goes down, tax must go up to maintain the same standards.

So, that's the way it is Lynn.  I don't appreciate your ad any more than you appreciate my comments. What I really find offensive is you not even showing up and wanting a seat at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment