Friday, October 3, 2014

What?!!!!

Where did anyone get the idea that I was in favor of cutting the Town of Tunica's percentage of the gaming revenue? I'm not in favor of cutting the Town of Tunica's percentage of the gaming revenue.

 If you had been attending Board of Supervisors' Meetings, you would know that. If you are spreading the rumor that I want to cut the percentage of gaming to the Town of Tunica, then you are guilty of spreading a lie.

What I am in favor of is going to the State Legislature and cutting some of the 12% of the gaming revenue that is mandated to the Tunica County School District. TCSD has 10M dollars in the bank. Let them live off that for awhile.

 I don't know about you but I am not pleased with the results of the money we have spent on the TCSD and I haven't been since we moved here 14 years ago. Why do we keep putting money into this school system and expecting different results?

 Now, here is what I am in favor of: I am in favor of putting some mils on the books for taxes within the Town of Tunica. Same thing is true in the Town as is true in the County. We've had a good run but now it is time to start contributing to the lifestyle we enjoy in our little Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment