Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dear Senator Wicker:

This afternoon, I watched in dismay as you spoke on the Senate floor about your reasons supporting Scott Pruitt to head the EPA.  Really?

It is my understanding that Pruitt does not fully support Climate Change.  That fact alone would cause me to write to you again and that was my plan.  But now, I have learned more about this man and I am not impressed.

What I have learned is that court documents show that he was behind the botched execution of a prisoner (Lockett) in OK in 2014.  I have learned that he has been found to be cutting and pasting lobbyist's documents in letters to the EPA.  And then tonight, we've learned that AG Pruitt has not answered Freedom of Information letters that are over two years old.  I certainly understand the public's frustration with unanswered Freedom of Information.  I've had 3 such letters before the Tunica County Board of Supervisors for over a year.  I guess they too don't think the public has a right to know.

Senator Wicker, I certainly realize I have not supplied any documentation to support what the news is reporting.  And I don't intend to waste my time doing so.  That's your job.  It is your job to know who and what you are voting for or against.

It is my hope that you will do your homework on Scott Pruitt and vote against this poor candidate.

PS: I also wrote to Senator Cochran about Scott Pruitt, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment