Thursday, September 3, 2015

UPDATE 8 Sep 2015: Tonight at the DEC

Tonight I attended the DEC hearing that was requested by Supervisor 5 Candidate Curly Mathews..

I only want to make one point.  It appears to me that some Tunicans are under the impression that the DEC has some responsibility for the voter rolls provided to the Precincts on election day.  They do not.  These rolls are provided by the Circuit Clerk.

The Election Commission receives voter applications through the Circuit Clerk.  The Tunica County Election Commission is not doing their job.  How do I know this?  Because I have been attending their meetings...when I could find them having a meeting.

I have continued to report to this Board of Supervisors and the previous Board of Supervisors about the Election Commission.  Neither Board has done anything about the Election Commission.  When I have reported to either Board of Supervisors the Tunica Times has been in attendance.  However, the Tunica Times has never made mention of this report to the Boards in their publication.  (If I missed a mention, please let me know and I will correct this statement.)  What I am saying is that the Tunica Times has had first hand knowledge that things pertaining to the Circuit Clerk's Office and the Election Commission were not as they should be.  As a matter of fact on 4 Jun 2013, I was standing under Brooks Taylor's election tent across the street from City Hall.  Brooks said when this election was over, she wanted to talk with me about the Circuit Clerk's Office.

UPDATE: The Tunica Times did run an article about my report to the current BOS.  This story ran in the 5 Jun 2015 issues of the TT.  Have been waiting to hear if there are other articles that I missed. Maybe there are others.  At this time, I do not remember them.  So, if there are others, somebody please refresh my memory.

Now that this is cleared up,  and since we now know the article ran on 5 Jun 2015 in the Tunica Times, we can conclude that the community was made aware there was a problem with the upkeep of the voter rolls in Beat 2.  You could have heard it if you came to the BOSs' Meeting; you could have read it in the Tunica Times or you could have read it on this blog.

Now here is the point I wish to make:  Perhaps it would help if we could all remember that the DEC is affiliated with the Democratic Party.  The Circuit Clerk and the Election Commission are associated with our government.  We would all be quite alarmed if a party had control of our voter rolls or our voter registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment