Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Just spoke with FOX Channel 13

I received a phone call earlier today saying that Channel 13 was running a story teaser about voter fraud in Tunica County.  Immediately, I started trying to find out what was going on.  I contacted both Channel 13 and WMC-TV Action News 5.

Bob was at City Hall this morning and ran into Tom Dees from Channel 13.  I spoke with Tom on the phone and he came to the house.

The story Tom is working on today has to do with the rejected affidavit ballots from the Tunica County Primary on 4 Aug 2015.  Apparently, on behalf of 19 of the disenfranchised voters, Mayor Chuck Cariker filed a complaint with the Secretary of States Office.  Thank you for doing that Chuck.  By my count, the disenfranchised voters from Precinct 4 is 27.  So, I'm not sure who was included in Chuck's complaint.  I think all disenfranchised voters deserve an answer from the Circuit Clerk.

To restate what has been said on this blog before:  I was a Poll Watcher at Precinct 4 on 4 Aug 2015. The two Poll Managers were not newly trained.  Both ladies have been Poll Managers at Precinct 4 on at least 3 separate occasions when I was a Poll Watcher for various candidates.  As I understand it, these two Poll Managers are saying they were called the night before the election.  So, what happened to the people who were trained for these positions and why did they call in at the last minute and say they couldn't work?

If we know for sure and for certain that the two Poll Managers at Precinct 4 were Poll Managers on at least 3 occasions, isn't it reasonable for us to expect that they know how to do their job?  Isn't it reasonable for us to expect that when these two Poll Managers signed an affidavit ballot they would recognize that a ballot was not complete and they would be able to tell the voter what needed to be done to successfully complete their ballot?  What a mess.

I hope MS State Officials will come in and investigate our Election Commission and the Circuit Clerk's Office.  I hope the Board of Supervisors will call for a re-registration of voters in Tunica County.

All of us have a right to have fair and honest elections in Tunica County, MS.


No comments:

Post a Comment