Monday, August 3, 2015

UPDATED: ALERT New Voter Registration Cards Issued...

There is no way for me to begin investigating this information as it is the day before the election.  What I am hoping will happen from this post is for people to be aware and to report any similar activities.

This morning I received a phone call informing me that a handful of residents had just received new Voter Registration Cards with an issue date of 31 Jul 2015.  These new cards indicated the residents no longer voted in Beat 1 but now voted in Beat 4.  The caller stated these same residents appeared on the Beat 1 Voter Rolls as late as Mar 2015.  This would indicate the change in district was not be a result of redistricting.

This is a big problem for individual candidates and the whole election process.  If this has happened to any residents please let me know by sending an email to tuchelsgal@bellsouth.net or posting in the comments section of this blog.

UPDATE:  Due to the problem between the Beat 2 and the Beat 5 voter rolls on Election Day, 4 Aug 2015, I decided to dig up the documents I used to write the Beat 2 report for the Election Commission and the Board of Supervisors. Both written reports were presented to both the EC and the BOS.  The voter roll used for this report is dated 24 Feb 2015.  While writing this report, I was concerned with: 

1) Who had not voted since 2004.  If a voter has not voted in 10 years they are placed in the inactive list.  In Beat 2, there were

2) Who had a voter registration date that was more recent then the last time they voted.  There could be legitimate reasons for this to occur.  One reason would be that the voter voted elsewhere in MS and moved into Tunica since they last voted.  When the voter roll for Beat 2 contained 17 such instances, there is cause for investigation.

3) Who has a PO Box as their listed address on the voter rolls.  In Beat 2 we had 6 such instances.  The physical address must appear on the voter roll.  This is a problem to be fixed by the Election Commission and the Circuit Clerk.  If they don't make these corrections then this responsibility falls on the shoulders of the Board of Supervisors.

This total report is in the Public Records as a part of the Board of Supervisors' Minutes and I personally took a copy to the Election Commission.  There is no excuse anywhere for these corrections not to have been made.

Now, while writing this report I didn't pay too much attention to the names of the voters unless a name was triggered for one of the three reasons stated above.

This is what I have discovered:  I went back to the 24 Feb 2015 voter rolls and looked for a few names that were on the Beat 2 voter rolls and wound up on the Beat 5 voter rolls on the report printed 27 Jul 2015.  And here is the question:  How did these people wind-up on the wrong list when they were on the right list earlier in the year?

The Circuit Clerk needs to explain herself to the public.  This has nothing to do with redistricting so don't even go there.  Too many people lost their right to vote because of this problem and she needs to answer for it.

Although I am certainly not being paid to do this investigating, I am spending my time and our money to make these facts known to you, the public.  You want to do the same?  Go for it.

You want to complain?  I'm not listening.  You want to present opposing facts?  I'm all ears.

I'm going to use an analogy that is often attributed to Taylor Swift's song writing...don't treat her badly because she will write a song about you and you won't like it. 

To those who do Tunica wrong and I find out about it, you may just wind-up in a post on this blog. You don't want to be here.  Stop lying and cheating.  You want to write about me, go right ahead.  Just tell the truth and spell my name right.

No comments:

Post a Comment