Sunday, March 29, 2015

Updated 14 Apr 2015: Ideas to diversify

Last night there was a conversation online about how the Harrah's property could be repurposed.  The conversation started after the news story about Harrah's asking a judge to allow them to move or destroy some of the facilities on the property.  I hope I have this right.  If you would like to read the story, go to my FB page and follow the link.

I've run out of time this weekend to do a comprehensive report on every suggestion. Therefore, I am going to just list the ideas that were mentioned either more then once or virtually the same idea.  When I have more time next weekend, I will revisit this post and hopefully be able to update with more ideas.  Repurposing would come with the new business' own financing.

Ideas:

1. Amusement park to include a water park, movie theater, outdoor concert arena, sports arena.  This idea mentioned keeping the hotels, Kidquest and the Convention Center.  Other activities would include a shooting range for bowhunting contests and clay contests.  Six Flags and Branson, MO were mentioned.  Try to get the Mid-South Fair back.

2. University campus, technical college, employee training center, mid-level pro-sports training center.

3. Update 14 Apr 2015:  A heavily guarded skating rink, family go-cart riding, "We need activities for young people, people ages 30-50 or working people and somewhere for the elderly to go to hang out."

I'm wondering what kind of prospecting is going on.  If you have other ideas, please write on my FB page or send a message through FB and I will add your ideas to this post next weekend. 

One thing for sure is that we need new businesses bringing new money to Tunica County.  Let's work together in the idea department.  Then we will present our list to the Board of Supervisors.

No comments:

Post a Comment