Thursday, June 23, 2016

UPDATED: What the heck???!!!

I'm still not comfortable with this Code Solutions deal.  I don't understand what we need them for and besides, wasn't it Michael Johnson who said he wanted to bid everything out when we were talking about our health insurance?

Well, guess what I'm looking at?  I'm looking at the building permit for Maud Elevator.


And here's a picture of Maud Elevator.  See how bright and shiny and new?  Let me see...want to make sure I get this right.  The Building Permit is dated 6/13/16.  Today is 6/23/16.  Do you mean to tell me these silos or whatever you call them were put up in 10 days?  I don't think so either.

It seems to me there should be some kind of penalty for starting construction before obtaining a Building Permit.  What I'm looking at shows a fee of $6,994.00.  I think if a company and/or the company owners are so dishonest as to try to get out of paying what is owed to Tunica County, there ought to be a penalty for not doing what is right.

Also, on this Building Permit there is a notation next to Maud Elevator.  The notation says: Michael Johnson, et al.  Then there is a notation next to the contractor's name that indicates that he is unlicensed.  Geez, don't contractors in our County have to have a license?  The contractor's name looks like: James Castle II with an address of 3746 Hwy 1 South, Greenville, MS   38701.

The Applicant's Signature is so poorly written that I can't tell what it says or who signed the application.

Oh, but wait...there's more.

I have a copy of another building permit in the name of Jack Wilkes to renovate some apartments.  The Permit is dated 6/17/16 and today is still 6/23/16.  Whew...things get done fast in Tunica County.  There must be a construction fairy up in here.  Did you know that the Tunica County Construction Fairy can renovate 6 apartments in 6 days.  Oops, I see another penalty.

Oh, and there is an unlicensed Dennis Percival noted.  Wonder what that is all about.

Now I'm wondering if we need to look at all of the building permits over the last few years and see if we can make some money on those issued after the beginning of construction.  Do you all remember when the Transparency Committee found that the remodeling being done at 1370 Beatline Road had been underway for 4 months without a building permit?  And that was in 2011.

Again, it seems to me that penalties need to be levied on those who don't follow the rules.  Until all of this is straight and the public has been made aware of every project that had a late Building Permit, we don't need Code Solutions.

UPDATE:. It is my understanding that more than a few residents of Beat 5 have had their power turned off this past week while the above mentioned elevators or silos were brought online.  Hello...it's over 90 degrees outside.  Again, what the heck?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment