Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Talking about a Water Park

There have been a few comments on FB about a Water Park for Tunica.  Over the years there has been made mention of a Price Waterhouse Study (2003-2004) trying to find out what amenities could succeed in Tunica.  I have contacted Administration and asked to be able to read the Study to make sure what I am writing is correct.  In the meantime, we can start a post and update the same after actually reading the document.

The question of marketing Tunica County falls to the CVB and Economic Development.  Each month we are giving Economic Development $12,000.  Since the allocation cuts have happened, I am not sure what the CVB allocation is per month and I won't have time to check until next week.  I will update this post as soon as I know the amount.  CVB also receives 3% of the sales taxes from restaurant and hotel charges.

Back to the Price Waterhouse Study.  It is my understanding, this study recommended a water park and a NASCAR track.  I don't believe from all I've read in the public records that the water park was considered by previous Boards of Supervisors.  NASCAR was not doable because the name is privately owned and they would not give us permission to use it. 

So, where are we with the water park?  The Price Waterhouse Study would be about 12 years old.  The question in 2015 is: How do we find out if a water park would  still be successful?

Quitting for tonight....too tired...back as soon as I can.

Next...Mid South Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment