Monday, September 15, 2014

BOS Meeting....my observations and a threat from the Sheriff

Firstly, let me say that I do not appreciate the President of the Board of Supervisors asking the Sheriff to remove the County Administrator from the meeting. After the meeting, I told the President of the Board just that. We, the citizens who put you in office have a right to hear what the County Administrator had to say. And what the County Administrator was trying to tell us was that he was not recommending the adoption of a budget that was not balanced and we had reached the maximum millage for the coming year. What are you so upset about Mr. Dunn? You've been re-elected and re-elected and look what your decisions and the decisions of other Supervisors has done to this County. From the hand-outs we were given at the 11 Sep 2014 workshop, you have been on the Board of Supervisors in Tunica County from at least 1993 to the present. Cedric Burnett has been on the Board of Supervisors since 1998 to the present. During this time these two Supervisors and various others kept reducing our millage while our income was going down. How about that sports fans. And where were they during last week's workshop? Now onto the Sheriff. After the meeting adjourned, I was waiting in line to speak with the County Administrator. There was one seat between me and Sheriff Hamp. Sheriff Hamp decided I was "disrespecting" him. The Sheriff then instructed the Chancery Clerk to put the following in the minutes: "If Mrs. Tuchel disrespects me again, I am going to cuff her and take her to jail. I ain't playing with you Mrs. Tuchel." Hmmm, that sounds like a threat to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment