Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Last week's debate....

This is not going to be pretty.

One of the last people to speak at the Community Debate on 28 Jun was District 5 Supervisor Candidate Rev. McKinley Daley. He was so out of line.

At the end of his time, Daley said he wanted the people to elect him and to help him get Sonny Nickson, Phillis Williams and the 2 Supervisors who showed up elected too. Daley happened to be sitting next to me and when he returned to his seat, I told him I considered what he said a racist remark as everyone he named just happened to be an African American.

Daley said no, no, he's not a racist and then told me I just don't understand what is going on. He asked, did I happen to know that the Board of Supervisors had hired Ken Murphree and paid him $85 an hour? Are you kidding me? Just who do you think has been digging up all of this mess?

At that point, I gave Daley my contact information and told him to call me. We need to talk. It's been over a week, so he's lost his chance.

Okay, so the first thing Daley did wrong was to ask for a totally African American Board of Supervisors. Wrong Rev. Daley. This community needs to work together. If you can't help. Get out of the way.

The second thing wrong with what Daley said was insinuating that he, as a CANDIDATE in District 5, could use this Community platform to influence the votes in any other District but his own.

Rev. McKinley Daley you insulted the other Candidates for Supervisor who were participating in the Debate: Linda Fay Engle-Harris, Mark Hudson, Brian Smith and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment