Thursday, March 3, 2011



Barbara R. Tuchel
Candidate for Tunica County


Beat 2 Supervisor




I believe anyone who is seeking political office needs to have both feet firmly planted in the district they wish to represent.



Not only do I believe this, it is also the law.



I live in Beat 2 in Tunica County, MS.


In November 2008, I founded Tunicans for Transparency in Government. The mission of this grassroots effort has been to “help make Tunica County a better place to live and work for all of our citizens and not just the few.”


My decision to run for political office is based on some of the changes I believe need to take place in Tunica County to move our community forward. Each resident needs to be represented and each resident needs to have a voice in their government.


If it is your choice to elect me as your Beat 2 Supervisor, I am making the following promise:



"I will hold a monthly Beat 2 meeting on the last Monday of every month at 7 p.m. for the purpose of hearing your concerns. I will listen and I will take appropriate action. This meeting will give each Beat 2 resident a voice in their local government."



If it is your choice to elect me as your Beat 2 Supervisor, I will start by making the following motions at the first Board of Supervisors’ Meeting in 2012:



1. I will make a motion to hold the first monthly meeting of the Board of Supervisors in the evening of the first Monday of every month.



2. I will make a motion to have written job descriptions for each Tunica County Employee completed and delivered to the Board of Supervisors by 31 Mar 2012.



3. I will make a motion to bring the Healthcare Authority into the mainstream of Tunica County Government. This department will make reports at the first monthly meeting of the Board of Supervisors. This action will eliminate separate bookkeeping and Healthcare Authority reports will be made a part of the Board of Supervisors’ Minutes.



4. I will make a motion to have each department head deliver their monthly report in person at the first monthly meeting of the Board of Supervisors.



5. I will make a motion to eliminate the need of residents having to go through the County Administrator to be placed on the Board of Supervisors’ Agenda.



I am soliciting your vote for Beat 2 Supervisor. If it is your choice to elect me, it will be my full time job to be your Supervisor.


No comments:

Post a Comment