Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reverse Discrimination is also WRONG!!!

At the Board of Supervisors' Meeting yesterday, the newly elected Tax Assessor had the County Administrator present the hiring of a new employee.

Today, I went to the Tax Assessors' office and found just what I was afraid of finding. The white employee that I thought might be "missing" was infact well....no longer with the County. Maybe the new Tax Assessor missed our blog on this website dated 14 Aug 2011 and the letter to the Editor on the same subject. The blog and the article had to do with the cost to the county of willy-nilly replacing employees without a care given to how much this type of behavior costs our county.

Well, I talked with the Tax Assessor today and was told by Ms. Anderson that she let the white employee go the very day she was sworn into office. And the reason? For the employee's own protection. Apparently, Ms. Anderson thinks someone would hurt the white employee. This just doesn't make sense to me.

At the time of my conversation with Ms. Anderson, I didn't think I had seen this job advertised in the Tunica Times. Ms. Anderson told me she did place an advertisement in the Tunica Times. So, I went back and checked my copy of the newspaper and found a mark by the ad placed by me. (I do this alot to remind myself that I had read the article, ad, etc.)

What I must have been thinking at the time was that Ms. Anderson was hiring someone to replace her as she was now the Tax Assessor. On that basis, guess I didn't think much about it at the time. By the way, the ad ran only one time on 13 Jan 2012 with a closing date of 25 Jan 2012. Not a real sincere effort but hey no one is asking me.

Ms. Anderson, just because you can do something does not mean it is the right thing to do. Reverse discrimination is wrong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment