Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Last night...

Last night was National Night Out in Tunica. Candidates were invited to give their last pitch to the attendees...even a candidate for Governor showed up...Bill Luckett of Clarksdale. So, how about that. Go Tunica.

The MC called each candidate to speak using a list of offices and candidates. She didn't leave anyone out. One of the first offices was that of Sheriff.

This is the point: This is the second time Tunica County has had an event to hear from all of the candidates. At each of the events the Sheriff staged his entrance to be heard at the end...I don't know if his buddy, my Supervisor, ever showed up because I left. And when I got outside, I found that other candidates were leaving too. It did not go unnoticed that the audience was again being used as if the Sheriff and maybe my Supervisor too were "rock stars". Silly men.

No comments:

Post a Comment