Tuesday, May 9, 2017

So Roger....

It's about the Senate Healthcare Working Group.

Where is the bipartisanship and where are the women?

If you are not raising a stink about this all male/all Republican Committee, then you are contributing to the problem.

To be clear, I prefer that Congress fix what is not working with the ACA.  Additionally, I believe the insurance companies are the biggest problem with the ACA.  When they are compensating their CEOs to the tune of many millions of dollars and raising rates on Americans, they are not playing fair.  Your continued support for these tactics makes me question who you are really working for.

Email sent to Senator Roger Wicker who is up for re-election in 2018.

Blogger's note: The following statement is copied from Senator Wicker's website.  Is Wicker helping to move MS forward or is he voting the party line?  To my way of thinking, if Wicker isn't speaking out now about this working group, he is not standing up for health care or women.  

Health Care

I have a solid understanding of healthcare issues and how they affect Mississippians. I sat on the subcommittee that develops the budget for the Department of Health and Human Services for twelve of my thirteen years in the U.S. House of Representatives and was the Chairman of Public Health Committee during my time in the State Senate. As a member of Congress, I voted to create the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, ensuring our state's children have health insurance coverage and our seniors do not have to choose between buying groceries and paying for their prescriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment